Sunday, April 22, 2012

Bottle Baby Kitten Nursery Fundraiser

Can you help a tiny kitten today?

I recently started volunteering at Austin Pets Alive in their Bottle Baby Kitten Nursery. Imagine a room full of teensy tiny mewing kittens that are snuggled together, waiting to be fed wee bottles and get little beards of milk after they are done. It's just about the cutest thing! Or imagine a kitten weighing barely a pound trying to figure out how to eat solid food and ending up wearing half of it :) At this no-kill shelter there are so many more kittens right now than expected and they are running low on food. I have lots of time to feed kittens right now but not a lot of cash until work starts back up again in May. So I thought that maybe some people would like to help feed the cats with me through a wee fundraiser.

A donation of $3.00 - I will send a Bean Doodle postcard drawing of one of the kittens mailed to you (or anyone you choose). That $3 buys 3 cans of special kitten food which will feed many of the wee kittens that are learning to eat solids.

A donation of $10.00 - I will paint a watercolor kitten picture with a silly or cute saying on heavy watercolor paper and send it to you (or anyone you choose). That $10 buys enough kitten formula powder to feed a litter of kittens for weeks until they can try smooshy cat food. Wee kittens drinking from wee bottles awwww.

A donation of anything more than $10 - I will make you a stuffed felt kitten wearing a dress or shorts and suspenders. Your color choice, stuffed kitten will be about 6 to 8 inches tall.

Examples of my art style are at everydaycritter.blogspot.com.

Fundraiser will start now and go for the rest of April. All proceeds will go directly to purchasing food for the kittens living at Austin Pets Alive in Austin, TX. You can donate to my paypal account at beanbell@me.com or contact me if you'd like to send me a check. I will make all art and mail it out by May 15th :) I'm also posting this fundraiser on Facebook so you may see it there too. Click this Donate button to be easily directed to the Paypal page

No comments:

Post a Comment