Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Delicious Steak Salad

I made a steak salad the other night with spinach, romaine lettuce, cornbread croutons and homemade dressing that was pretty tasty.

Cornbread Croutons

The recipe called for store bought cornbread that you cut up and toast in the oven to make croutons. No where around here had cornbread in their bakery - I guess it's out of season? So I made some cornbread and resisted eating it while it cooled and then roughly chopped it up to make it crunchy and toasty.

There are red bell peppers and strips of flank steak on the salad along with the dressing I made. I changed the dressing recipe from vegetable oil to olive oil and added extra cloves of garlic. I highly recommend the dressing for a summer salad - 6 tablespoons olive oil, 2 cloves of garlic, 1/2 cup cilantro, 1/4 cup fresh squeezed lime juice, one jalapeno, 1 teaspoon of salt which are all whirred around in the food processor until smooth.

Salad TaDa!

Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment