Saturday, February 11, 2012

Good intentions

I've been virtually absent - from this blog. This usually happens with new things. You get really excited about them and for whatever reason it's not as engaging as it once was. Well I've been incredibly present in the "meat space" getting things for the house, putting them together, and taking things out of boxes and such. Also I've withstood the torture of not one but two government agencies to get my car registered and myself licensed ito drive in Texas. Colleen on the other hand has some strange issues from her illinois license because it was't surrendered on the books until after we were married when she had an Iowa license. So she is still working that out before Texas will give her a license. But nearly every room is functional except for the kitchen and the guest bedroom. The kitchen we still have a lot of unboxing to do, and get a refrigerator still. The guest bedroom we have 2 weeks to prepare it yet until our first houseguest arrives. I also started my new job this week abs I am very impressed with this company, and I think it's going to be a great fit for me. Well I thought that before I accepted the position otherwise I wouldn't have uprooted us from the Midwest.

Everyone is complaining of the cold around here now, and 50's during the day is practically shorts weather to us. I am hoping to get the garage together so I can wash the car myself out in this "cold" weather and make our neighbors think (and rightly so) I'm strange.

As always, more to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment